Production software controls the processes
SIGVARIS AG compression stockings are custom-made for each order. In order to meet the high quality requirements and to deliver quickly, the production software controls all steps of the made-to-measure production.
M2 calculates the knitting parameters from the customer's measurement, writes the machine program and provides each specialist with exactly the info and functions they need.
SIGVARIS AG ist ein Medizintechnikunternehmen mit Sitz in St. Gallen, das sich auf Kompressionslösungen spezialisiert hat. Mit über 1600 Fachkräften und Vertriebspartnern agieren sie in mehr als 70 Ländern weltweit.
Blocked orders in error list
The list shows the knitting factory admin all orders that cannot be produced for various reasons. This way the admin can directly fix the blocking orders and guarantee a fast further processing.
Adjust production data
The target pressure determines the minimum and maximum leg circumference. If necessary, the admin can manually adjust the target pressure to produce the compression stocking.
Production control through knitting
The finished stocking is measured and checked manually. If the employees notice a defect, they can directly start a new production.
Verification of the measured data
If M2 detects errors in the entered customer dimensions, the admin checks the information and adjusts the machine if necessary. Incorrectly produced items are immediately removed from the production chain and manufactured again.
Traceable and efficient production chain, with rapid response to errors.
Improve processes and test ideas
Efficient and error-free - these are the requirements of process optimization. To ensure that orders flow seamlessly through the departments from receipt to dispatch, M2 production software optimizes processes and helps every specialist to perform their tasks intuitively. In fact, it takes more than just a clear presentation of information. We analyzed the complex work steps during company tours with SIGVARIS AG and jointly developed ideas for optimizing the processes and for a user-friendly design. To sharpen the ideas, they had to prove themselves in additional prototypes and usability testing.
In this way, we also improved the processes away from the application and eliminated risks even before we wrote the first line of code.
Usability testing and collecting feedback
With our usability testing, we promote innovative ideas as well as technologies and test their feasibility with real users. From the impressions and processes we had gathered during the company tours at SIGVARIS AG, we developed design prototypes for all processing steps. To see how the designs worked in reality and to identify potential weaknesses, we observed the teams again and further optimized the processes.
Especially when it comes to troubleshooting, the specialists bring in essential know-how. The expert view creates clarity in the shortest possible time, which is why the design of our production software supports the specialists in checking and initiating the next steps.
Automate and specify knitting process
Since the compression solutions are medical devices, they are subject to the EU Medical Device Regulation and must meet certain standards:
- correct calculation of production values to ensure the desired compression and the required pressure drop.
- traceability of the production steps
- spot checks to constantly meet quality requirements
M2 also helps with this: The production software checks the orders from the ERP system and automatically assigns them to the knitting machines. To do this, M2 is guided by predefined criteria. The software uses the customer measurements and calibration data to calculate the production values and writes the machine program. The machine is instructed how many rows it must knit and how quickly it must incorporate the printing yarn.
Detect and resolve sources of error
98% of all orders pass through production without errors. For the remaining 2%, M2 helps to reduce the error rate and compensate for the loss of time: In order to restart faulty productions as quickly as possible and deliver them on time, the Knitting Admin takes over the manual error correction. This task requires expertise and experience. The process is quick and simple: check for errors, fix them and restart production.
The Knitting Factory Admin handles the error message per job - the global calibration data remains unaffected. Each error is recorded, so recurring errors can be tracked down and their sources corrected.
Using innovative practices and technologies, we implement a modern application that integrates seamlessly into the existing system landscape of SIGVARIS AG.